| About Doctor
Dr. Aditya Nanavati practices as Consultant Surgeon, Multi-Organ Transplant and Hepatobiliary Surgeon at Jupiter Hospital, Thane
- 2016-2018 Abdominal Transplantation and Hepatobiliary Surgery, Duke University Health System, Durham, North Carolina, USA
- 2010-2013 Master of Surgery, Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Mumbai, India (Maharashtra University of Health Sciences) Internship
- 2009-2010 K.J.Somaiya Medical College and Research Centre, Mumbai, India Graduation
- 2004-2009 MBBS, K.J.Somaiya Medical College and Research Centre, Mumbai, India (Maharashtra University of Health Sciences)
- August 2018-present Consultant, Multi-organ Transplant and Hepatobiliary Surgery, Jupiter Hospitals, Mumbai.
- July 2016 – June 2018 Fellow, Division of Abdominal Transplant, Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center.
- Sept 2015- May 2016 Surgical Registrar, Department of Surgery, Sir JJ Group of Hospitals, Mumbai.
- Aug 2014- Aug 2015 Senior Resident, Department of Surgery, Suchak Hospital, Malad, Mumbai, India.
- Aug 2013- July 2014 Surgical Registrar, Department of Surgery, K.B.Bhabha Municipal General Hospital, Bandra (W), Mumbai, India.
- May 2010- April 2013 Residency, Department of Surgery, Lokmanya Tilak Municipal General Hospital, Sion, Mumbai, India.
- Cadaveric and Living donor liver transplantation
- Simultaneous Kidney-Pancreas transplantation
- Multi-visceral Transplantation
- Complex hepato -pancreato-biliary surgeries
- Re-operative surgery
- Bowel lengthening
- Enhanced recovery after Surgery (ERAS) programs
- Distinction in Pharmacology and Microbiology in second year MBBS at University Exams, 2006.
- 1st prize in Annual Medical quiz held at K.J.Somaiya Medical College and Research Centre, 2008 and 2009 (two years in a row).
- 1st prize in Annual Medical Debate at K.J.Somaiya Medical College and Research Centre,2008
- 3rd in Batch in Final MBBS university exams, 2009 Top 5th percentile in Medical School Board Exams
- 2nd (99th percentile) in the state of Maharashtra, Surgery Board exams, 2013
- Best Poster (in category), Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterologists Conference, 2014
| OPD Time
Day: Mon to Sat
Timing: 9.00am to 5.00 pm
| Research & Publication
- Nanavati AJ, Prabhakar S. A Comparative Study of 'Fast-Track' Versus TraditionalPeri-Operative Care Protocols in Gastrointestinal Surgeries. J Gastrointest Surg 2014. 18 (4); 757-67. doi: 10.1007/s11605-013-2403-2
- Nanavati AJ, Prabhakar S. Anaesthesia in Fast track Gastrointestinal Surgery. JAnaesth Clin Res 2014. 5 (2); 384. doi: 10.4172/2155-6148.1000384.
- Nanavati AJ, Prabhakar S. Fast-track Surgery: Toward comprehensiveperioperative care. Anesth Essays Res 2014. 8 (2); 127-33. doi: 10.4103/02591162.134474
- Nanavati AJ, Nagral S. Varicocele due to a Biliary cystadenoma. BMJ CaseReports 2014; doi:10.1136/bcr-2014-206970
- Nanavati AJ, Nagral S, Prabhakar S. Fast Track Surgery in India: A Review. NatlMed J India 2014. 27 (2); 79-83. PMID:25471759
- Nanavati AJ. Does the current undergraduate curriculum shed enough light onenhanced recovery after surgery principles? Natl Med J India 2014. 27 (6); 352.
- Nanavati AJ. Letter in response to "Perioperative Blood transfusion is associatedwith decreased Survival in patients undergoing Pancreaticoduodenectomy for Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma: A Multi-institutional study". J Gastrointest Surg 2015. 19 (2); 407-8. doi 10.1007/s11605-014-2704-0.
- Nanavati AJ. ERAS in laparoscopic assisted gastrectomy. J Minim Access Surg.2015. 11(2); 165.
- Nanavati AJ, Nagral S, Borle N. Retroperitoneal perforation of the appendixpresenting as a right thigh abscess. Case Rep Surg 2015;2015:707191. doi:10.1155/2015/707191.
- Nanavati AJ, Prabhakar S. Fast tracking Colostomy closures. Indian Journal ofSurgery. 2015 Dec;77(Suppl 3):1148-53. doi: 10.1007/s12262-015-1224-9.
- Nanavati AJ. Fast track surgery in the elderly: avoid or proceed with caution? J
- Gastrointest Surg. 2015 Dec;19(12):2292-3. doi: 10.1007/s11605-015-2946-5.
- Nagral S, Nanavati AJ, Nagral A. Liver Transplantation in India; At the Crossroads. J Clin Exp Hepatol. 2015 Dec;5(4):329-40. doi: 10.1016/j.jceh.2015.11.001.
- Nanavati AJ, Prabhakar S. Enhanced Recovery after Surgery: If you are notimplementing it, why not? Practical Gastroenterology. 2016 April; 40(4):46-56.
- Ananthnarayan C, Nanavati AJ, Prabhakar S, Prabhakar S. Factors impacting mortality in the pre-hospital period in road traffic accidents in urban India. Trauma Mon. 2016 May 26;21(3):e22456. eCollection 2016 Jul
- Nanavati AJ, Nagral S. Why have we embraced Minimally invasive surgery andignored Enhanced recovery after surgery? J Minim Access Surg. 2016 JulSep;12(3):299-301. doi: 10.4103/0972-9941.181392.
- Dhakre V, Nanavati AJ, Nagral S. Castleman’s disease in Carcinoma of gall bladder. BMJ Case Rep. 2016 Nov 25;2016. pii: bcr2016217325.
- Kale S, Nanavati AJ, Borle N, Nagral S. Outcomes of a conservative approach to management in amoebic liver abscess. J Postgrad Med. 2017 Jan-Mar;63(1):16-20. doi: 10.4103/0022-3859.191004
- Khanapure S, Nanavati AJ, Nagral S. A study of events between the onset of symptoms and hospital admission in Surgical Acute Abdomen. Natl Med J India. 2017 Mar-Apr; 30(2): 65-68.
- Shaw BI, Nanavati AJ, Taylor V, Miller RA, Kappus M, Barbas AS. Donor derived HSV hepatitis in a kidney transplant recipient leading to liver fibrosis and portal hypertension. Transpl Infect Dis. 2018;e13029. https://doi. org/10.1111/tid.13029
- Ravindra KV, Sanoff S, Vikraman DS, Zaaroura A, Nanavati AJ, Sudan D, Irish W. Lymphocyte Depletion and Risk of Acute Rejection in Renal Transplant
- Recipients at Increased Risk for Delayed Graft Function. American Journal of Transplantation. First published: 01 September 2018 https://doi.org/10.1111/ajt.15102