| About Doctor
Dr. Anantbhusan Anil Ranade practices as a Consultant Medical Oncology in Jupiter Hospital, Pune
- M.B.B. S. - B.J. Medical College , Pune (Medicine, 1991, May)
- M.D. - B.J. Medical College , Pune (Internal Medicine, 1995, May)
- Course in oncology - Tata Memorial Hospital and cancer research institute, Mumbai (Medical Oncology 1997, March)
- Second rank scored in M.B.B.S.
- Fourth rank scored in M.D.
- Internship - Sassoon general Hospital, Pune (Field - Medicine, surgery, Gynaecology - June 1991 to May 1992)
- Junior resident - Sasoon general Hospital and Ruby hall clinic, Pune (Field - Cardiology, neurology, oncology, haematology - June 1992 to May 1993)
- Senior resident - Sasoon general Hospital and Ruby hall clinic, Pune (Field - Cardiology, neurology, oncology, haematology - June 1993 to May 1994)
- Chief resident - Sasoon general Hospital and Ruby hall clinic, Pune (Field - Cardiology, neurology, oncology, haematology - June 1994 to May 1995 )
- Lecturer - B.J.Medical college, Pune (Field - Dept of Medicine - Aug 1995 to Feb 1996 )
- Junior registrar - Tata memorial hospital and cancer research institute (Field - Dept of medical oncology - Feb 1996 to July 1996 )
- Senior registrar - Tata memorial hospital and cancer research institute (Field - Dept of medical oncology - Aug 1996 to Feb 1997)
- Honorary assistant professor - Sassoon general hospital and B.J. Medical college, Pune (Field - Medicine Medical oncology -1997 onwards)
- Honorary visiting faculty - Bioinformatics centre, University of Pune Bilcare institute (Field - Clinical Research - 2007 onwards)
- Worked as research fellow in 8 multinational oncology clinical trials
- Worked as a principal investigator in 66 oncology clinical trials most of which were multi-centre studies for US-FDA submission.
- The work areas included carcinoma of ovary, breast, head and neck, colo-rectal cancer, esophagus, Non small cell lung cancer, Advanced renal cell carcinoma, prostate, Bronco-alveolar carcinoma in solid tumors.
- Also worked in haemaotlogy trials in indications such as multiple myeloma, Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma.
- Experience in clinical trials in indications such as chemotherapy induced emesis, chemotherapy induced neutropenia, hormonal treatment in breast cancer etc.
- Member of Indian Society of medical and pediatric oncology, member of executive council of Indian Society of medical and pediatric oncology.
- A founder member of Indian Co-operative Oncology network.
- Member of American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- An invited member of American Society of Hematology
- An invited member of European society of medical oncology
- President Elect of Indian Society of medical and pediatric oncology since 2013.
- Honorary Vice President of Indian Society of medical and pediatric oncology for the period of 2011 to 2013.
- Honorary Secretary of Indian Society of medical and pediatric oncology for the period of 2009 to 2011.
- Organized 11 international conferences.
| Research & Publication
- Papers presented: 21 papers at International and 35 papers at National conferences and Journals
- Author / co-author in 6 books published in field of oncology
- 18 publications in well known international oncology journals such as Journal Of clinical Oncology, Annals of Oncology, South Asia journal of cancer, Asia Pacific Journal of clinical oncology, American society of clinical oncology. The latest being accepted and published at Annals of Oncology, Supplement 5: V6 – V 12, dated 24 Sep 2013.
Many paper presentations in oncology conferences such as World conference of lung cancer, American Society of clinical oncology, Multinational association of supportive care in cancer, International society of Geriatric oncology, European Society of Medical Oncology, American society of hematology.