Jupiter Hospital is committed to offering a broad range of cutting-edge surgical treatments complemented by the skill and vast expertise of our team which consists of some of the best cardiac surgeons in the country.
Strictly adhering to the latest trends in technology, we resort to the use of up to the minute techniques and methods to provide world-class treatments that are exemplary in every sense.
The department of cardiac surgery brings to your care a team of renowned surgeons, cardiologists, cardiac anaesthesiologists and intensive care experts, who work in synergy to device out the best treatment plan for the patient.
Always standing up to your expectations
Being the region’s first institution with a NABH accreditation by the Quality Council of India, we tend to thrive towards excellence in each and every aspect and same holds when it comes to our patient-centric facilities.
- Patient-oriented services - Based on philanthropic ideals and promoting the ideology of ‘putting the patients first’, we offer special health care packages to make it easier for you to avail for the services and make sure that the results are worth every penny you spend. Even the infrastructure with well-lit, large spaces for your comfort.
- Broad-spectrum care - Be it quality imaging, precise screening or diverse treatment options, we offer all under the same roof to provide a comprehensive programme for monitoring, assessing and treating our patient.
- Leading-edge technology - We resort to the use of world-class technology to deliver results that are at par with international standards. The techniques used by us are up to date thereby ensuring high grades of precision and accuracy which enable us to handle even the most complicated cases with utmost proficiency.
- EMR facilities - We also offer electronic medical record facility which makes it easier for the doctors as well as for you to access your medical records anytime, anywhere.
- Hygiene and sanitation - To facilitate better recovery, we adhere to the toughest benchmarks when it comes to hygiene and sanitation. We have the best in class Central Sterile Supply Department (CSSD). The operation theatres have laminar airflow facility to ensure excellent air quality.
The department of cardiac surgery at Jupiter Hospital is managed by a team of experts specializing in intricate procedures like bypass surgery, a procedure performed to restore the normal circulation of blood in the body by bypassing the clogged or damaged arteries. We resort to the use of up to date facilities and treatment modalities to give you a smooth pre, peri and post-operative experience.
What is bypass surgery?
Heart bypass surgery, commonly known as coronary artery bypass graft (CABG), is a procedure performed on a completely or partially blocked portion of an artery so as to redirect the blood flow by creating a bypass using a healthy blood vessel taken from the patient’s leg or arm. CABG does not treat the condition that caused the blockage in the first place, however, it helps to relieve the symptoms, improve heart function and alleviate the risks of cardiac arrest and heart failure.
Who needs bypass surgery?
Bypass surgery may be recommended to patients with any of the following problems:
- Severe angina (chest pain) triggered by the narrowing of the arteries.
- Two or more damaged arteries and dysfunctional left ventricle
- Severely diseased or blocked left main coronary artery
- Stenotic arteries that cannot be treated by simple angioplasty and stent placement.
What are the different types of bypass surgery?
- Conventional bypass surgery – The procedure is performed using the traditional open-heart method and involves the use of a heart-lung machine.
- Off-pump bypass surgery – The procedure is performed without the use of a heart-lung bypass machine by using special equipment to stabilize the heart while the surgery is being performed.
- Minimally invasive bypass surgery –The procedure is performed using robotics and video imaging technology via tiny keyhole incisions on the patient’s chest.
What are the benefits of bypass surgery?
The various benefits of bypass surgery include the following:
- Relief from chest pain and discomfort
- Return to a normal lifestyle
- Reduced risks of cardiac arrest and heart failure.
- Improved survival rates
Heart Failure Management
The department of cardiac surgery offers the finest care for the treatment and management of patients suffering from heart failure. The centre offers state of the art facilities and treatment modalities complemented by the expertise of our specialists.
What is heart failure?
Commonly known as congestive heart failure, it is a condition marked by the inability of the heart to pump blood efficiently and may be a result of an underlying heart problem like coronary artery disease, high blood pressure, damaged heart valve, cardiomyopathy, myocarditis, arrhythmia or some congenital heart defect.
How is the condition diagnosed?
Heart failure is diagnosed by proper physical evaluation followed by a series of screenings and tests that include:
- Blood tests
- Chest x-rays
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Stress test
- Coronary angiography
- Coronary angiogram
- Myocardial biopsy
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan
- Cardiac computerised tomography (CT) scan
What are the treatment options available?
The various treatment options available for congestive heart failure include:
- Coronary bypass surgery- The procedure is performed on severely blocked coronary arteries to restore the normal flow of blood by creating a bypass using a healthy blood vessel taken from the patient’s arm, leg or chest.
- Heart valve repair or replacement- The surgical procedure aims at repairing or replacing diseased or damaged valves of the heart. This can be done using the traditional open-heart technique or the latest minimally invasive approach depending upon the preference of the patient and his/her overall medical evaluation.
- Implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICDs)- It is an electronic device which is surgically implanted beneath the skin in the chest cavity so as to generate electric pulses or shocks which help to regulate the heartbeats of a patient suffering from arrhythmia
- Ventricular assist devices (VADs) -Also known as amechanical circulatory support device, it is a mechanical pump implanted in the abdominal or chest cavity, so as to assist the heart in pumping blood efficiently. It is an ideal option for patients who are waiting for a heart transplant to keep their heart beating until they find the right donor.
- Heart transplant- Heart transplant is an option for patients suffering from severe heart failure, who are not responding to any other form of treatment. The procedure, as the name suggests, involves the replacement of a diseased or non-functional heart with a healthy one taken from a deceased donor.
Minimally Access Surgery
Adhering to the latest developments in the field of medicine, the Department of Cardiac Surgery at Jupiter Hospital offers up to the minute surgical techniques and methods including minimal access surgeries that have gained tremendous impetus in the recent years.
What are minimal access surgeries?
Minimal access surgeries is a blanket term used for various minimally invasive surgical procedures that are carried out via very small incision using special imaging technology and robotic techniques
Why is the procedure performed?
Minimal access heart surgeries can be performed for any of the following reasons:
- Mitral valve repair/replacement
- Tricuspid valve repair/replacement
- Aortic valve repair/replacement
- Atrial septal defect repair
- Atrioventricular septal defect
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- MAZE procedure for atrial fibrillation
- Ventricular assist device placement
What are the benefits of minimally invasive heart surgery?
Various benefits of minimally invasive heart surgeries include:
- Reduced blood loss
- Decreased risks of infection
- Alleviated post-operative trauma and pain
- Shorter convalescence period
- Minimal scarring
Rajveer Pawar Sharing their experience at Jupiter Hospital