Nutrition and Dietetics
At Jupiter Hospital, we understand how our nutritional state plays a vital role in determining our overall health and also regulatesour response to various diseases and ailments.
Nutrition and Dietetics form a crucial part of all our treatment programmes and we lay a lot of emphasis on the same. This is why we bring to your care a team of world-class dietary experts with years of experience in the field. Diet also plays a major role in the treatment and managementof obesity, diabetes, PCOS, dyslipidaemia, renal problems etc. We offer dietary advice as both therapeutic as well as a preventive measure. Our practices are evidence-based and each plan is prepared after thoroughly assessing and evaluating the overall health of the patients.
Our experts use nutrition and food science to improve the quality of the patient’s health. Apart from the regular practice, they also offer general nutrition education to the masses.
Counselling Sessions –Abrupt dietary changes can be quite difficult to adapt in the beginning. We offer special counselling sessions to help you deal with the changes and get used to them.We encourage and support you on every step to make your journey easier and better.
Patient-Centric Approach – Each dietary plan is a result of thorough research and studies conducted by our experts. All the aspects of the patient’s health are taken into consideration with the help of proper assessment and evaluation.
Up ToDate Methods - We believe in new age methods of treatment with cutting-edge ideas and years of experience.
Helping Aids – Our experts indulge in various activities like regular dietary lectures and seminars, along with various internship programmes to help aspiring dieticians as well as to spread general awareness.
Areas of specialization
Here are some programmes that we specialise in:
- Reviewing the overall health of the patient along with their present dietary pattern
- Planning personalized diet plans and nutritional therapies to address specific problems making sure they have a positive impact on the overall health of the patient.
- Increasing awareness about the importance of proper and balanced nutrition by educating patients and caregivers.
- Monitoring the progress of your diet plan and making alteration, if required.
- Conducting nutrition-related laboratory tests.
- Working in close collaboration with the medical teams from different specialities and sub-specialities.
Conditions Addressed By Us:
- Some of the common health issues addressed by us include:
- Allergies and intolerance to certain food products like soy, nuts, wheat, milk, gluten etc. some of these can be quite rare whereas others are very common.
- Cancer management and rehabilitation, which includes dealing withpre and post-cancerous conditions, regaining strength and muscle mass which is lost due to the malignancy and its treatment.
- Cardiovascular diseases and ailments like hypertension, high cholesterol, blockage in the blood vessels etc.
- Diabetes including type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, prediabetes, and insulin resistance
- Eating disorders which include anorexia, bulimia, and binge eating disorder. We offering counselling fort the same.
- Gastrointestinal disorders like Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, short bowel syndrome, celiac disease, and acid reflux or GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease). The treatment is combined with dietary changes for more effective results.
- Kidney disorders including kidney disease, kidney failure, and kidney stones
- Hepatic conditions like hepatitis, cirrhosis, and liver failure
- Musculoskeletal problems like gout, muscle wasting, osteoporosis, and injuries
- Weight-related issues such as being underweight, overweight, obese.
- Post weight loss or bariatric surgery.
Meet Our Team
Mrs. Zankana sharing their experience at Jupiter Hospital
Dr. Deevan Raisoni
Dr. Deevan Raisoni sharing their experience at Jupiter Hospital