The Interventional Radiology Department at Jupiter Hospital offers minimally invasive, image guided cutting edge procedures for the diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of wide spectrum of diseases affecting various parts of human body. The hospital is based on philanthropic and patient centric ideals and we give paramount importance to your safety and convenience. Each procedure is carried out with utmost care, vast experience and dedication of treating doctors, making sure that your health is not being compromised at any point of time.
The department has immensely skilled, experienced and organised team of expert doctors who work meticulously to deliver unparalleled and exemplary results.
State of Art services offered
- Angioplasty – It is procedure to restore the calibre of narrowed blood vessel so as to optimise the blood flow within it. It can be the blood vessels supplying brain, kidneys, limbs, intestines and so on.
- Embolization – It is the procedure to block the blood flow in blood vessels to stop bleeding. It can be done to control bleeding from lungs, uterus, intestines, tumors. It can also be done prior to surgery to reduce blood loss.
- Treatment of vascular malformations - Which can be present in infants, children or adults.
- Cancer related therapies – Mainly directed for liver cancers (primary and metastasis) in form of Trans-Arterial Chemoembolisation (TACE) and TranArterial Radioembolisation (TARE)
- Venous Procedures – EndoVenous LASER ablation for Varicose Veins, removal of blood clots from deep veins, IVC filter placement to prevent blood clots entering lung circulation, and others
- Dialysis related procedures in patient with kidney disease– Hemodialysis catheter placement, fistula salvage in case of suboptimal flow/blood clot within, central venous plasty and stenting.
- Removal of blood clots - From crucial arteries using medicines and mechanical devices in case of fresh clots causing blockage of normal blood flow.
- Treatment in cases of liver cirrhosis – TIPSS, BRTO and hepatic vein stenting
- Percutaneous Transhepatic biliary drainage – Procedure to drain bile in cases of obstructive jaundice due to calculi, tumour or other causes. Metallic stents can also be placed in the biliary ducts to restore their calibre.
- Percutaneous nephrostomy - To drain urine from kidneys and placement of stents in ureters.
- Radiofrequency Ablation - Of soft tissue and bone tumours
- Pain management procedures – Peripheral Nerve blocks, celiac ganglion block to relieve pain of chronic pancreatitis and advanced pancreatic cancers.
- Vertebroplasty – This is procedure to augment the strength of vertebral body and to relieve pain in case of fractures due to trauma, cancer involvement.