Dedicated to Providing Unparalleled Health Care
Jupiter hospital is an advanced tertiary care centre for various specialities including Nephrology. Nephrology is a speciality of medicine and paediatric medicine that concerns itself with the kidneys: the study of normal kidney function and kidney disease, the preservation of kidney health, and the treatment of kidney disease, from diet and medication to renal replacement therapy (dialysis and kidney transplantation).
A nephrologist is a type of doctor that specializes in treating diseases of the kidney. Not only do nephrologists have expertise on diseases that specifically affect the kidney, but they’re also very knowledgeable about how kidney disease or dysfunction can affect other parts of your body.
Nephrologists Deal with following Kidney Disorders
- Fluid and electrolyte disorders
- Acid-base disorders
- Kidney stones
- Glomerular diseases
- Tubulointerstitial diseases
- Mineral metabolism
- Acute kidney disease
- Acute Kidney injury (AKI)
- Chronic kidney diseases
- End stage renal disease and dialysis
At Jupiter hospital we have best in class dialysis facility with central RO water facility, we have 14 dialysis machines with separate cubical for each haemodialysis. Other than regular haemodialysis we also perform
- Slow low efficiency dialysis (SLED),
- Slow continous ultrafiltration (SCUF)
- Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT) in form of CVVHD, CVVHF, CVVHDF.
- Peritoneal dialysis facility is also available.
It is a surgical procedure to place a healthy kidney from a living or deceased donor into a person whose kidneys are failed. At Jupiter hospital we provide separate ICU for transplant patient with negative pressure ventilation. Transplant surgery is done by well trained team of surgeons, they are performing multiple organ transplant at Jupiter hospital. Transplant outcomes at our centre are similar to world literature, with success rate of more than 95%. The cost of renal transplant is very economical. Team of MSW (Transplan coordinator) help for legal formality and governemnt schemes if applicable for paticular patients.
We also perform high risk transplants also which includes.
- Simultaneous Kidney Pancreas transplant
- ABO Incompatible transplant,
- HLA crossmatch Positive – desensitisation protocol,
- Deceased donor transplant,
- Paediatric transplant.
The centre has an excellent interdepartmental cooperation from the departemnts of Intensive care, Radiology, Pathology, Anaesthesia, Infectious disease, immunology and interventioanal Radiology.
We provide both inpatient and outpatient care to both adult and paediatric patients. The Centre is supported by a dedicated ICU and ultra-modern labs associated with complete biochemistry, and immune-microbiology for keeping track on drug levels, immunohistochemistry.
Latest diagnostic and therapeutic facilities in Nephrology departments includes
- Permanent dialysis catheter insertion
- Temporary dialysis catheter insertion
- CAPD catheter insertion for Peritoneal dialysis
- Kidney biopsy – USG guided.
Nephrology Clinic 10am to 5pm
|Jupiter Hospital, Pune||Jupiter Hospital, Thane|