Jupiter Hospital offers state of the art care for Aesthetic (Cosmetic) Surgery Unit.
To negate the risks of any postoperative complications our experts make sure that all the possibilities are taken into consideration and proceed only after making sure that the patient fulfills the eligibility criteria. We thrive towards delivering long-lasting, quality results. Some of the most common types of cosmetic surgeries offered by us include the following:
- Liposuction: It’s a procedure in which under anaesthesia excess fat deposits in the layer between skin and muscles is removed to give the body better shape and contour. It’s done after the consultation with a plastic surgeon where our doctor assesses excess fat deposit areas and suggests the required procedure. Our hospital is well equipped with advanced liposuction machines and cannulas which are used for this procedure. Liposuction is quite helpful in getting rid of stubborn fat which cannot be simply reduced by dieting or exercising. It tones your body by sculpting the tissues. Though it does not treat any disorder, it is still a great way for both men and women to achieve a lean and slimmer body.
- Abdominoplasty:Abdominoplasty is popularly known as ‘tummy tuck’. It is a cosmetic modality that aims at giving a proper shape to your abdomen. It involves the surgical removal of skin and fat from various areas of the abdomen, followed by stitching of connective tissues, which helps to give a toned look.
- Mommy makeover aims at restoring the shape of a woman's body after she delivers a baby. Postpartum physical changes are very common and these become evident soon after a woman gives birth. This does not concern a particular area of the body but rather focuses on different parts like breasts, abdomen, waist, genitalia and buttocks.
Possible procedures in a mommy makeover
- Breast augmentation
- Breast lift
- Skin pigmentation
- Striae treatment
- Breast Reduction:It’s the surgical procedure to reduce the size of the breast also known as reduction mammaplasty.
Ladies with large breast sizes often complain of shoulder or neck pain, fungal skin infections, the inadequate choice for clothing and social embarrassment. There are various techniques to reduce the size of the breast but the most commonly done in our centre is superomedial pedicle reduction mammaplasty
- Breast Reconstruction:Breast reconstruction is surgery to recreate the breast mounds after mastectomy or lumpectomy. There are two types of breast reconstruction - primary reconstruction which is done immediately after mastectomy using either silicone implants or own body tissue as flap surgery. Another type is Delayed breast reconstruction, which can be done after completion of chemotherapy and radiation if needed post-mastectomy.
- Gynecomastia Correction:Its enlargement of male breast tissue because of an increase in deposition of fat as well as an increase in the size of breast gland tissue. Most commonly seen in the pubertal age group but can occur in all age groups whenever there is a hormonal imbalance. Treatment is a combination of liposuction and gland removal.
- It's also known as fat grafting where one's own subcutaneous body fat is harvested by liposuction. Fat cells are concentrated and are injected in desired body parts for the desired effects like rejuvenation of face or increase in the volume of breasts, buttocks etc. It's also used for the treatment of depressed facial scars or for volume correction after breast conservation surgery.
- Buttock Augmentation:Its Brazilian butt lift procedure where the fat graft is harvested by liposuction from the abdomen, flanks or thigh and it’s transferred to the buttock region to give more fuller and aesthetically better shape
- Rhinoplasty:It is an aesthetic procedure to improve the shape of the nose. There are various types of rhinoplasties depending on the anatomical presentations of the cartilaginous network of the nose. Augmentation rhinoplasty is done for improving the dorsum of the nose. Septorhinoplasty is for the correction of deviated nasal septum and deformities associated with it. Secondary rhinoplasty correction is needed for cleft lip palate deformities. Tip correction rhinoplasty is done for correction of tip nasal cartilage.
- Blepharoplasty: It’s eyelid correction surgery where the extra fold of hanging eyelid skin with or without fat is removed to give an aesthetically pleasing look. Blepharoplasty can be done for both medical, as well as aesthetic reasons. Common problems that can be addressed by blepharoplasty include heaviness in the eyelids, limited visual field, especially when you look upwards, tiredness, pressure on lashes, blocked visual axis and headache due to the constant lifting of the eyebrows. Problems related to lower eyelids, like looking tired, bagginess, fat prolapse, wrinkles and lax skin can be taken care of.
- Dimple Creation:Dimple surgery, commonly referred to as dimple creation surgery or dimpleplasty, is an elective plastic surgery procedure that aims at creating dimples. These refer to the small depressions in the cheeks that are usually evident when you smile. It’s the daycare surgery done under local anaesthesia.
- Chin or Jaw Reshaping:This procedure is done to give a proportionate shape to the chin or jaw for making it aesthetically more appealing. Chin augmentation is either done with implant or osteotomy and bony advancement. The jawline can be made more prominent with the help of implants. The prominent jaw can be reduced with correction of over protruding mandibular bone. Double chin can be corrected by liposuction.
- :There are many factors which can affect the internal and external structure of vagina. These include age-related wear and tear and childbirth, which can cause changes in both, the physical appearance as well as response to stimuli. Cosmetic gynaecology offers different modalities for correcting/improving appearance or function of the vagina and labia; in many cases, both goals are accomplished simultaneously.
The most commonly done procedures are Vaginoplasty, labiaplasty, hymenoplasty and labia majora fat grafting.
- Hair Transplant:It is the surgical procedure where hairs from dense areas of the scalp are transferred to thinner areas most commonly for receding hairline to give an aesthetically better look. There are two techniques for this namely FUE and FUT.FUE is the most commonly practised scarless technique where an individual hair follicle is harvested with micromotor and implanted in the recipient area. It’s a daycare procedure to be done under local anaesthesia
- PRP:Its platelet-rich plasma. It is harvested from individuals' own blood after centrifugation and removal of blood cells. PRP along with derma roller therapy is very useful for hair regrowth as well as for facial scar treatments.
- Acne and Scar Treatment:Acne is a very common skin problem caused by the plugging of the hair follicles present on your face, with dirt, oil and dead skin cells. This results in the outbreak of whiteheads, blackheads or pimples. Acne can affect people of all age groups, though the problem is more common in teens. Sometimes acne can leave permanent marks on the face which can be treated by various procedures like subcision, PRP and derma roller or laser treatment.
- Laser Hair Reduction:This treatment is done with the help of a diode hair removal laser machine. Unwanted hair from body areas like chin, upper lip, underarms, groin, Legs can be removed permanently in usually 4 to 6 sittings of diode laser sessions.
- Laser Skin Rejuvenation:Laser skin rejuvenation is an option for both men and women whose skin has started to show various signs of ageing like blemishes, scars, wrinkles, and pigmentation. The treatment can help you achieve the flawless skin that you always dreamed of. Laser skin resurfacing helps to precisely remove the upper layer of the skin, leaving behind a firm, younger-looking surface. The procedure can be performed independently or in combination with other procedures.
- Micropigmentation: It’s a type of medical minimally invasive pigmentation to give an aesthetically fuller look to eyebrows, scalp or any hypopigmented patch on the body to match its natural colour.
- Medifacial:Medi-facials are personalised as per the specific skin type of the patient. The results are effective and long-term and can be permanent if combined with appropriate prescription medical grade homecare. Unlike rough exfoliation or a chemical peel, Medi-facials use natural ingredients to enhance cellular turnover, remove dead skin cells and repair the skin leaving it refreshed and healthy-looking, without compromising and damaging its protective barrier.
- Breast Augmentation:There are two techniques for enhancing the size of breast – silicone implants or fat grafting. Breast implants can be placed under the breast gland or below the muscle. It’s a daycare surgery where patients are usually discharged on the same day of surgery. Fat grafting of the breast requires liposuction fat harvest from the abdomen, buttocks or thigh which can be transferred to the breast region to increase its size.