Dr. Pranjali Gadgil practices as Consultant - Breast Surgeon at Jupiter Hospital, Pune. Dr. Pranjali Gadgil is a breast disease specialist and breast cancer surgeon practicing in Pune. After graduating top of her class in BJ Medical College, Pune, Dr. Gadgil completed her general surgery training and breast disease fellowship in the US. She trained at premier institutions such as the Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN, UT Health Science Center, MD Anderson Cancer Center and Winthrop P Rockfeller Cancer Center.
After spending 8 years in the US, she returned to practice in Pune to work towards improving breast care services available to women in India
A) Peer-reviewed Publications
1) Phyllodes tumors: race-related differences.Pimiento JM, Gadgil PV, Santillan AA, Lee MC, Esposito NN, Kiluk JV, Khakpour N, Hartley TL, Yeh IT, Laronga C.J Am Coll Surg. 2011 Oct;213(4):537-42
2) Sentinel lymph node biopsy in primary breast cancer: window to management of the axilla.Kumar A, Puri R, Gadgil PV, Jatoi I.World J Surg. 2012 Jul;36(7):1453-9.
3) Breast cancer nomogram to predict positive sentinel lymph nodes after neoadjuvant chemotherapy. L. Allen, R. Bassett, P. Gadgil, G.V. Babiera, I. Bedrosian, K.K. Hunt, H.K. Kuerer, F. Meric-Bernstam, E.A. Mittendorf, M.I. Ross, M. Yi and R.F. Hwang.
4) Management of Bleeding from Percutaneous Breast Core Biopsies.Pranjali V Gadgil, V Suzanne Klimberg. Annals of Surgical Oncology.2013 Oct;20(10):3348
5) Nipple Skin-Sparing Mastectomy is Feasible for Advanced Disease. E Burdge, J Yuen, M Hardee, P Gadgil C Das, R Henry-Tillman1, D. Ochoa, S Korourian, V S Klimberg. Annals of Surgical Oncology. 2013 Oct;20(10):3294-302.
6) Surgeon Performed Touch Prep Cytology of Breast Core Biopsies May Provide Accurate Same Day Diagnosis and Expedite Treatment Planning.Pranjali V Gadgil, SoheilaKorourian, Sharp Malak, Daniela Ochoa, Rhonda Henry-Tillman, Riley Lipschitz, Janette Lee, Suzanne Klimberg. Ann Surg Oncol. 2014 Apr;21(4):1215-21.
1) Mammography Screening in women aged 50 years and under. “Early Breast Cancer from Screening to Multidisciplinary Management” 3rd Edition. Authors: Ismail Jatoi, Pranjali V Gadgil
2) Genetic Testing for Breast Cancer: Setting up for patient dialogue.Breast Surgery Update, Nashik Oncology Group. 2015. Authors: Pranjali V Gadgil
3) Advances in Breast Cancer Management.AMOGS Gynaec Onco Focus. Author: Pranjali Gadgil Feb 2020
1) American Society of Breast Surgeons Annual Meeting May 2013 Management of Bleeding from Percutaneous Breast Core Biopsies. Authors: Pranjali Gadgil, V Suzanne Klimberg, UAMS Little Rock, AR.Presenter: Pranjali V Gadgil.
2) Indian Cancer Congress Nov 2013. Accuracy and Impact of Touch Prep Cytology of Core Biopsies in Same Day Diagnosis of Breast Lesions. Authors: Pranjali V Gadgil, SoheilaKorourian, Sharp Malak, Daniela Ochoa, Rhonda Henry-Tillman, Riley Lipschitz, Janette Lee, Suzanne Klimberg. UAMS Little Rock, AR . Presenter: Pranjali V Gadgil
3) Pune Oncology Group Feb 2016 Impact of NCCN guidelines for HBOC Genetic Testing in Indian Breast Cancer Patients.Authors: Pranjali V Gadgil1, Nikhil Phadke2 .Jehangir Breast Center, Pune 2. GenepathDx.Presenter: Pranjali V Gadgil
4) Pune Oncology Group Feb 2016 .Outcome of Ultrasound-Guided Breast Biopsy at an Indian Breast Center Authors: Pranjali V Gadgil, SattyajitGill, NutanJumle, Shilpa Kajale. Jehangir Breast Care Center, Pune, India.Presenter: Pranjali V Gadgil
1) SSO (Society of Surgical Oncology) 64th Annual Cancer Symposium March 2011
Title: Phyllodes Tumors: Race Related Differences
Authors: Jose Mario Pimiento1, Pranjali Gadgil2, Alfredo A. Santillan2, M Catherine Lee1, Taylor L. Hartley1, I-Tien Yeh2, Nicole N Esposito1, John V Kiluk1, Christine Laronga.1. H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida, 2. University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX.
2) ASCO (American Society of Clinical Oncology) Breast Symposium September 2012
Title: Nomogram to predict sentinel lymph node involvement in patients with clinically node-negative breast cancer receiving neoadjuvant chemotherapy.
Authors: Lisa R. Allen, Pranjali V. Gadgil, Roland Bassett Jr., Kelly Hunt, Elizabeth Ann Mittendorf, Min Yi, GildyBabiera, Henry Mark Kuerer, Merrick I. Ross, Isabelle Bedrosian, FundaMeric-Bernstam, Rosa F. Hwang. UT-M.D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX.
3) ASBS (American Society of Breast Surgeons) Annual Meeting, Chicago 2013
Title: Surgeon Performed Cytology Provides Accurate Sam Day Diagnosis of Breast Lesions.
Authors: Pranjali V Gadgil, SoheilaKorourian, Sharp Malak, Daniela Ochoa, Rhonda Henry-Tillman, Riley Lipschitz, Janette Lee, Suzanne Klimberg. University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR.
4) ASCO (American Society of Clinical Oncology) Breast Symposium, San Francisco 2015
Title: Breast Cancer Survivorship in Urban India
Authors: Pranjali V Gadgil1, Shona Nag1,2, Anupama Mane3, Rebecca DeSouza2, Rama Sivaram2, Sudeep Gupta4. 1) Jehangir Hospital, Pune, 2) Nag Foundation, 3) Ruby Hall Clinic, Pune, 4) Tata Cancer Center Mumbai.
5) Tata Memorial Platinum Jubilee Conference, Mumbai Jan 2016
Title: Confirmation of Variants Identified by Next Generation Sequencing: Is Orthogonal Testing Essential?
Authors: N Gogate1, T Wathare1, P Gangodkar1, S Ranade1, A Pilankar1, K Patil1, M Agarwal1, K Khatod1, K Kelkar1,7 P Gadgil5,6, V Khadilkar3,4, V Ramanan2,7,, and N Phadke11)GenePath Dx, Causeway Healthcare Pvt. Ltd. Pune. 2) Ruby Hall Clinic, Pune. 3)Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, Jehangir Hospital, Pune. 4) HirabaiCowasji Jehangir Medical Research Institute, Pune. 5) Breast Center, Jehangir Hospital, Pune. 6) Prime Surgical Centers, Pune. 7)KEM Hospital, Pune.