7 Ways to Heal After a Bone Marrow Transplant
Does your loved one or anybody you know need a bone marrow transplant? Do you think what the road to recovery is? Here, we will discuss a few things that will facilitate the recovery process after a bone marrow transplant.
1. Eat a proper diet.
After a bone marrow transplant in Pune, you may feel weak, have nausea, vomiting, or a sore mouth, or you might not be that hungry. You must keep your health in good shape and get your strength back. To help with some of these side effects, your doctor may give you anti-nausea medication.
The best doctor in Thane will advise you to eat enough, go with foods that are high in these vitamins and minerals.
- Calcium: Calcium helps in strengthening the bones. After a bone marrow transplant in Pune, your calcium levels will be low. You should eat foods like milk, yogurt, cheese, kale, or spinach to help your bones stay strong.
- Phosphorus: Like calcium, phosphorus also helps keep your bones strong. Chicken, fish, beef, and nuts are known to be high in phosphorus.
- Potassium: The best doctor in Thane will advise you to eat many fruits and vegetables -- bananas, oranges, peaches, avocados, tomatoes, and sweet potatoes, which are good sources of phosphorous. Potassium helps maintain the blood pressure to normal, assists in the normal working of the cells and enables you to keep the right amount of fluids in your body.
- Magnesium: Take chocolate, nuts, milk, tofu, and spinach to keep your immune system functioning well.
- Vitamin D: Daily dose of vitamin D is essential for recovery. Though there are not many high vitamin D foods, soy milk, milk, orange juice, and cereals are often fortified with it.
2. Consider taking supplements.
A doctor from the best bone marrow transplant hospital in Thane will advise you to take supplements if you do not feel like eating. Take a daily dose of multivitamins.
3. Avoid these foods.
If you have a weak immune system, The best doctor in Thane will advise you to stay away from Unpasteurized raw milk, raw or undercooked eggs, Cheese made from unpasteurized raw milk, raw or undercooked meats.
After a bone marrow transplant in Pune, you should exercise regularly to maintain your weight and keep your heart healthy. This will boost your body strength and stamina. The doctors will suggest as to what kind of exercise you could do and from what you should restrain yourselves.
5. Don’t drink alcohol.
Your liver may not work as well after a bone marrow transplant. Chemotherapy, medications, or by graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) weakens your liver system. Thus, the best doctor in Thane will advise you to steer clear away from the alcohol.
6. Protect yourself from the sun.
When you go outside, don’t forget to use a sunscreen with SPF 50 and wear long pants and long sleeves, along with a hat. You are more likely to have GVHD(an infection) when you go out in the sun. Also, your skin may be sensitive after the bone marrow transplant.
7. Have an emotional support system.
Bone marrow transplant causes physical effects, but they also come up with their emotional side effects. So, keep your loved ones and family close so that they will help you in your recovery quicker. Ask a doctor from a best hospital in Thane to inform local or online support groups. This will help you form a more profound understanding with people who have gone through -- or are going through -- the same things as you are.