Is It Possible To Alleviate The Risks of Cancer
Apr 13, 2023
At Jupiter Hospital, we are equipped with over 30 specialty treatments. There are specialised departments dedicated to illnesses which are backed by skilled and experienced doctors and team of healthcare professionals who are also experts at their craft.
Have a query or need to visit an expert? Book an appointment online to consult our doctors and we’ll take care of your needs.
Established in 2007, Jupiter Hospital is a tertiary care Hospital with a ‘Patient first’ ideology deeply instilled in its foundation, to deliver leading-edge healthcare to cater to the changing needs of the growing populace.
Through Jupiter Foundation, we ensure world class health care for the people that are economically challenged. Jupiter Foundation works on the philosophy of putting the patient first in everything.
At Jupiter, we believe there is a better path to healing that humanizes the practice of health care and inspires hope in the Patient & family who need it most. Our primary value – The needs of the patient come first – is at centre of our plans and decisions. You'll also find that our pride – in where we work, and in what we do – is a common trait. You will be truly part of an amazing team committed to solving the most serious and complex medical challenges.
Need to get in touch with us? Check out our details below.
Eastern Express Highway, Service Rd, Next To Viviana Mall, Thane, Maharashtra, 400601
+91-22 6297 5555 | +91-222 1725650 | +91-222 1725555
Near Prathamesh Park, Baner, Pimple Nilkh Road, Pune, Maharashtra, 411 045
Scheme No. 94, Sector 1,Ring Road, Near Teen Imli Square Indore, Madhya Pradesh - 452020
Apr 13, 2023
Cancer is a chronic ailment marked by the abnormal growth of malignant cells in a particular organ or tissue of the body which continues to progress with time, giving rise to a wide range of complications. Cancer is usually named after the organ or tissue that it affects. For instance, if it affects the lungs, it is known as lung cancer whereas that affecting the stomach is known as stomach cancer and so on. During the initial stages, the cancer is localised but gradually it spreads to different parts of the body via the bloodstream. This spread of cancer from the primary site of origin to a secondary site is known as metastasis. Cancer is not a new problem but has persisted for a very long time. Initially, surgery was the only possible treatment, however, owing to the advancements in the field of medical science, a wide gamut of treatment options has come forth that can effectively help to treat and manage cancer. Jupiter hospital brings to your care one of the best medical oncology treatment centers in India where you can choose from a wide range of treatment options.
Cancer can be genetic or a result of unhealthy lifestyle practices and exposure to harmful toxins. Doctors specialising in cancer treatment in Pune suggest that certain lifestyle modifications and guidelines can help to significantly reduce the risks of cancer. Inculcating these practices in your daily routine can help to keep the problem at bay.
· Kick the tobacco - Studies have shown that increased use of tobacco elevates the risks of certain types of cancer like oral cancer, lung cancer and kidney cancer. Not only smoking but the use of smokeless tobacco products like Khaini and Gutka too increases your vulnerability to developing cancer. By giving up the habit you not only protect yourself but also those around you as second-hand smoking is no less dangerous.
· Maintain a healthy BMI - Obesity has been found to be the leading risk factor of a wide spectrum of diseases including obesity. Losing those extra kilos and maintaining a healthy body weight can help you to reduce the risks of various malignancies. You can do this by eating healthy and staying active.
· Block the sun- Increased exposure to the sun can increase the risks of developing skin cancer. Avoiding the sun can help to negate the risks of the same. Try to stay indoors during the peak hours (i.e. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.). Wear sunscreen whenever you go out and try to cover yourself with an umbrella or stole.
· Eat healthy and limit your portions- Eating healthy not only helps to reduce the risks of cancer but various other diseases as well. You have the control over what you let go inside your body. Eat plenty of fruits and veggies. Limit your alcohol intake. Avoid eating processed foods. Replace unhealthy fats with healthy fats. Do not skip meals as this will do more harm than good.
· Don’t miss your vaccinations- Getting vaccinated against several infectious diseases can also help to lower your vulnerability to certain types of cancer. For instance, Hepatitis B elevates the risk of liver cancer, thereby, getting your shots for preventing the same is likely to help you prevent cancer to some extent.
In case of any queries, you can find some of the top cancer specialists in the best hospital in Punewho can help you with the same.