Wondering When to See a Urologist? Read this
Apr 10, 2023
At Jupiter Hospital, we are equipped with over 30 specialty treatments. There are specialised departments dedicated to illnesses which are backed by skilled and experienced doctors and team of healthcare professionals who are also experts at their craft.
Have a query or need to visit an expert? Book an appointment online to consult our doctors and we’ll take care of your needs.
Established in 2007, Jupiter Hospital is a tertiary care Hospital with a ‘Patient first’ ideology deeply instilled in its foundation, to deliver leading-edge healthcare to cater to the changing needs of the growing populace.
Through Jupiter Foundation, we ensure world class health care for the people that are economically challenged. Jupiter Foundation works on the philosophy of putting the patient first in everything.
At Jupiter, we believe there is a better path to healing that humanizes the practice of health care and inspires hope in the Patient & family who need it most. Our primary value – The needs of the patient come first – is at centre of our plans and decisions. You'll also find that our pride – in where we work, and in what we do – is a common trait. You will be truly part of an amazing team committed to solving the most serious and complex medical challenges.
Need to get in touch with us? Check out our details below.
Eastern Express Highway, Service Rd, Next To Viviana Mall, Thane, Maharashtra, 400601
+91-22 6297 5555 | +91-222 1725650 | +91-222 1725555
Near Prathamesh Park, Baner, Pimple Nilkh Road, Pune, Maharashtra, 411 045
Scheme No. 94, Sector 1,Ring Road, Near Teen Imli Square Indore, Madhya Pradesh - 452020
Apr 10, 2023
When was the last time you went to see a urologist? Many of you won't even remember the answer to this. It might be possible that you never felt the need to see a doctor and get your urological health assessed, however sometimes we just tend to ignore symptoms that call for the need of immediate medical intervention. Symptoms are nothing but indications, that suggests that something is not right within our bodies. There are a plethora of symptoms that could be pointing towards the prevalence of urological disease or ailment. We have listed some such symptoms, that you should not ignore, with the help of the urology specialists in Mumbai.
1. Urinary incontinence - The condition is commonly referred to as loss of bladder control and is one of the leading reasons to see a urologist. The severity of the problem varies depending upon the underlying cause. While some people experience a little dribbling of urine every now and then, especially while sneezing, coughing or laughing, others might experience an uncontrollable urge to urinate that is so strong that you can't hold your urine even till you reach the washroom. Urine incontinence is broadly classified into four types - stress urinary incontinence, overactive bladder, overflow incontinence and mixed incontinence.
2. Difficulty while urination - The problem can manifest itself in many different ways, which include urinary retention, urinary hesitancy and dysuria.
Urinary retention is marked by the inability to completely empty your bladder while urinating. As this happens, one tends to experience a frequent urge to urinate, even at night.
Urinary hesitancy is marked by the difficulty to start a stream of urine. The problem can affect anyone but is more common in elderly men with benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Dysuria refers to painful urination. It could be due to many different reasons, however, urinary tract infection happens to be the most common cause in females while, in males, it is urethritis.
3. Hematuria - The problem is marked by traces of blood in the urine. In males, blood may also be seen in semen. This may not always be clearly evident and, in some cases, it can only be seen under a microscope. The best urologist doctor in Pune suggests that there are a variety of conditions that may be responsible for it, ranging from mild infections to serious malignancies. As such you need to immediately see a urologist if you notice any traces of blood in your urine.
4. Frequent urination - If you have been feeling the urge to use a washroom more often recently, it is a sign that you need to see a urologist. It is quite natural to experience such an urge after drinking plenty of water or if you are living in a very cold place. However, if you cannot find any reason to justify this urge, it is quite possible that it could be due to an underlying urological problem that calls for the need for immediate medical assessment. As per the expert specialising in urology surgery in Jaipur, it could be due to urinary tract infection, benign prostatic hyperplasia, prostate cancer or overactive bladder.
5. Erectile Dysfunction - The problem is only experienced by males and is usually categorised as sexual dysfunction. Maybe, this is the reason why many men are not open about it. Erectile disfunction is marked by the inability to achieve an erection or maintain the same. This could be a result of an underlying condition like diabetes, a side effect of certain medication, overexposure to radiation during cancer treatment or an injury to the pelvis. The problem can be managed with proper medication and treatment, provided you go and see a urologist.
If you can relate to any of the above-mentioned symptoms or know someone who does, you should definitely consider seeing a urologist. Experiencing the symptoms does not necessarily mean that there is something seriously wrong, however, there is nothing wrong with getting yourself evaluated to clear all the doubts. You can also consult the experts from the best urology hospital in Pune, for any kind of assistance and guidance you need.